This guide explains how you can use Kudocs to handle pre-emption rights. Use this process to handle all elements of the pre-emption process – be it disapplying (by special resolution) or running a pre-emption process (including calculating entitlements and whole share rounding, sending pre-emption allocations to shareholders and providing them with a quick and easy way to reply – including oversubscription – and tracking responses for the share issue.
You can run this process as part of a share issue (perform) or as a standalone process.
These action is available via:
- Via share issue:
- quick action list in Company Dashboard
- Quick action list in Shares & Shareholders
- All actions.
- Via standalone process:
- All actions
This is a Perform process only.
Kudocs manages your company so you can run your business
Select which route you want to go down (share issue or standalone)More detail
Select how you want to deal with pre-emption rightsMore detail
- Run pre-emption
If running pre-emption, set up how you want Kudocs to process thisMore detail
- How much are you looking to raise
- At what share price, or how many shares
Kudocs will then calculate how many shares/ share price based on your inputs and also taking into account the fact that existing shareholders need to be offered a whole number of shares in proportion to their current holdings. Kudocs calculates the 'whole share rounding' for you and will suggest if the amounts to be raised need to be adjusted slightly to cater for this (usually it is only +/- a little bit).
You can review all the pre-emption calculations before proceeding (including exporting a pre-emption summary)
Send pre-emption offers to existing shareholdersMore detail
- reject (and waive)
- take up part
- take up all of it (and request oversubscription.
Kudocs tracks their responses and pulls that information through to the share issue section
Outputs - all handled automatically by Kudocs
- Pre-emption entitlements calculated for you
- Emails send to shareholders to complete pre-emption entitlements
- Full audit trail of shareholder responses (including oversubscription)
- Information carried forward into the share issue process for your ease.