This guide explains how to issue dividends (interim and final) using Kudocs. This includes running a board or shareholder resolution (if required) and generating dividend vouchers (if required).
The action is available via:
- Accounts, Charges & Dividends.
Perform and Record route
Select what type of dividend you want to issue - interim or finalMore detail
- a distribution to shareholders that is declared and paid before a company has determined its full-year earnings;
- usually distributed on a quarterly or semi-annual basis;
- usually approved by a board resolution.
A final dividend is:
- a distribution to shareholders that is declared after the company has issued its full-year financial statements for its fiscal year;
- usually approved by a shareholder resolution.
The process to approve and issue the dividend is broadly similar in both cases, subject to the company’s rules.
Review the proposed dividend amounts and amend if necessary, including any shareholders are waiving their dividend entitlementMore detail
If there are any waivers, Kudocs will calculate the dividend amounts accordingly - ie whether to divide the amount that the shareholder(s) would otherwise have received between the remaining shareholders in proportion to their holdings or retain the amount.
Select if and how you need the dividend approvedMore detail
Select if you want dividend vouchers generated and if you want to ask recipient shareholders for payment detailsMore detail
Outputs - all handled automatically by Kudocs
- Electronic voting (if requested) will be sent out to relevant stakeholders.
- Dividend vouchers (if requested) will be generated and stored in the system.
- Activity information stored in Kudocs for future reference & any documents filed in document store.
- Dividends registers updated.