Document Store/ Data Room
Where does Kudocs store all the documents that are uploaded to a transaction or generated by Kudocs? As Kudocs is an online database, all information is stored centrally in the secure database. It is then displayed and accessible to users in a variety of helpful and logical places. It is the same information, but just displayed in multiple places. The information is not duplicated.
For example, if you run a process to issue shares in Kudocs, the documents that might be related to that transaction include:
- your own documents that you have attached (e.g. a copy of a pre-existing authority to issue and a covering letter to the board asking them to approve the share issue)
- Kudocs-generated documents as part of the subscription (e.g. deeds of waiver for pre-emption, statement of sophisticated investor, deed of adherence)
- Kudocs-generated documents as part of the share issue (e.g. share certificates, previews of SH01, SEIS or EIS certificates).
That’s potentially quite a lot! But not to worry. They are all stored in Kudocs for you and can be accessed from a variety of places, once complete:
- the share issue will become a completed process, and you can access all document attached/ generated via that process
- any documents relating to the shareholders concerned will be accessible via the shareholder’s own page (e.g. share certificates, statements of sophisticated investor, etc.)
- share certificates will be available via the share certificate register
- all documents will be available in the document store.
So it doesn’t really matter – you can find what you need in a variety of places, very easily. There is no need to worry about combining multiple signature pages, moving files from once place to another, missing documents, etc. They are all in one place – the document store.
Does Kudocs provide a document store or data room? Yes. The Kudocs document store is arranged with the typical data room categories for due diligence. The basic document store (storing all documents uploaded/ generated as part of a Kudocs process) is available on all packages. The ability to add you own documents and folder to the document store is available in the Dynamic, LBG and Advanced packages.
Can I add my own folders/ documents to the document store? Yes. If you are on the Dynamic, LBG or Advanced packages you can upload your own files and folders to the document store. You can also rename folders.
Documents that were generated/ uploaded as part of a Kudocs process will have the Kudocs logo next to them. Your own documents will not.
Can I allow other users to view the document store, and control which folders they see? Yes. This is controlled via the user permissions, where there is a specific category for this:
Read (Doc Store & info) – gives access to high-level company information (read only). The user cannot change any information or initiate processes (including billing, settings & users). The user has read only access to the document store, and you can select which folders they can/not see.
How much does the document store cost? Nothing. The basic document store (storing all documents uploaded/ generated as part of a Kudocs process) is available as part of the cost of all packages. The ability to add you own documents and folder to the document store is available in the Dynamic, LBG and Advanced packages.