Company name – making changes
This guide explains how to change the company name using Kudocs.
The action is available via:
- Quick action list in Company Dashboard
- All actions.
You can use either the Perform or Record route.
Kudocs manages your company so you can run your business
Select how you want to obtain approval.More detail
a) EITHER run the written resolution process (director or member)More detail
- Kudocs sends out resolution (directors or member) for electronic voting.
b) OR set up a meeting (directors or members) to approveMore detail
- Set up the change of company name process: check the availability & suitability of proposed name with CoHse.
- Hold meeting and enter outcome into Kudocs.
If all necessary votes are cast in favour, the requested name change is sent to CoHse for approval (a name change does not take effect until confirmed by CoHse).
Check the availability & suitability of proposed name with CoHse.
Requested name change sent to CoHse for approval (a name change does not take effect until confirmed by CoHse).
Upon CoHse approval, name changed in Kudocs.
Outputs - all handled automatically by Kudocs
- Email sent to initiator informing them of resolution outcome.
- If name changed by shareholder resolution, initiator is prompted to file the special resolution at CoHse (this has to be filed physically – Kudocs will explain how).
- Company name changed in Kudocs.
- Process information stored in Kudocs for future reference & any documents filed in document store.
- CoHse updated (as if filing NM01 or NM05).