Issue (allot) new shares
This guide explains how to issue (or allot) new shares using Kudocs. You can use this process to handle all elements of a share issue including getting authority to issue, pre-emption (run or disapply), subscription agreements, deed of adherence to a shareholder agreement, payment, board approval, share certificates, EIS/SEIS and Companies House filings (SH01).
The action is available via:
- Quick action list in Company Dashboard
- Quick action list in Shares & Shareholders
- All actions.
You can use either the Perform or Record route.
Kudocs manages your company so you can run your business
Pre-issue preparationMore detail
- what class and the number of shares you want to issue
- if you need authority from existing shareholders to issue the shares (including running a shareholder ordinary resolution to approve) and
- if you have pre-emption rights and how you want to handle them (disapply by special resolution or run a pre-emption process).
Once this is complete, you can proceed to the share issue itself.
Add details of the shareholders who are being issued new shares, and deal with any shareholders' agreement & deed of adherenceMore detail
Kudocs has a template deed of adherence that you can use, or you can upload your own. When the shareholder confirms their subscription for the shares (the nest step), they'll also be asked to sign the deed (including the correct witness mechanism for a deed).
Set up the rest of the process for automation by KudocsMore detail
- Do you want Kudocs to generate share certificates, if so - with wet or electronic signatures
- Do you want to provide the investors with your payment details (the most important part!)
Press go and let Kudocs do the restMore detail
Board approves share issueMore detail
Enter details of the investors (existing or new shareholders)More detail
Add information about the legal steps already completed (for your records)More detail
Select what admin you want Kudocs to complete for youMore detail
- File SH01 at Companies House
Outputs - all handled automatically by Kudocs
- Email sent to initiator informing them of process outcome.
- Share registers updated in Kudocs.
- Stakeholder page for each shareholder is updated.
- Existing share certificates in the class concerned are cancelled.
- New share certificates generated and distributed to shareholders (if selected).
- Process information stored in Kudocs for future reference & any documents filed in document store.
- Form SH01 generated & filed at CoHse if selected.